fredag 17 juli 2009

Lule

It´s actually kind of funny. I´ve been spending the past few years
being kind of blue, kind of numb and in various states of "I really don´t give a fuck". And it has been good - lyric wise - for Nanuh. And Nanuh has been good for me since I´ve used it like self therapy.

But now - when it was time to finish the last song for "Scars" (a song called "I heart" - working title: "Lule" - that will actually be the first song on "Scars" after the intro "A spoon full of sugar") I wrote the song in like one day or so and when it was time to record vocals...I just couldn´t get that gloomy shit out of me anymore! Haha! I tried:



"So, let´s see...it´s raining outside. What am I feeling. Hmm, I want to kiss my girlfriend. WTF? That´s not very Nanuh. Come on! Hmm, but I really want to kiss her. AAAH! Get a grip! Hmm, rain..pain...the same...game...kiss? Mmm, she smells so good and here eyes...AAAH! COME OOOOOOON!"

So after a few minutes I just went with it and "I heart" is the first Nanuh-song I´ve written with nothing but warmth, happiness and love in my heart!

Ok, I´ve tried to write a happy song for like all of my life but I can´t. And I mean happy as in majord chords, happy melodies etc. I have my roots in death metal and I love bands like At the Gates, Meshuggah,
Scarve and Hatesphere. So I just ...let all of that shit out and go crazy
with the synthesizers. And I can´t stop.

But lyric-wise: Prepare for some happy stuff with depressing music in the future:)
Still, I´ll try to keep it from being to plastic and "I would do aaaanything for looove"-ish.

Love
Nanuh

ps. In contrast to the Lule/I heart-lyrics in my previous post - here are the lyrics
for the last song on the Scars album. A song called Footsteps:

It´s overthought, I´m running dry
No explanations and no reasons why

I haven´t been much of a friend
No concentration and no hand to lend

Before you go I must save a little time
I need to know Into the blue I think I´ll dive
Before you leave I must save a little time
make me believe...

Lies - my footsteps are sinking and I´m of decieving
Kind - the teardrops are flooding my eyes and I don´t know
Why - I run and I hide when I should just go and
Die - instead I kill what I feel so deep inside

Sit down in your favourite chair
Take a deep breath try to - cleanse the air

In forty minutes I´ll be dead
You´ll get that phonecall that we love to dread

Hide - my footsteps are closing and I´m on the run for
Blood - I´m trapped in this body there´s no way to try to
Run - my own reflection disgusts me I should
Die - instead I kill what I feel so deep inside.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar